Friday, July 13, 2012

Finding Balance

How time is flying. For the last little while I have tried to shut out the future and all of the worries, wonders, and baggage that it may hold- it has just been easier that way. However, the last couple of days I have allowed my mind to wander there whenever it has wanted to, and I have come to find that the future holds much opportunity and growth. This being said I have come to realize that life is all about finding balance. 


It seems as though I have been somewhat unstable and staggering around on one foot. I am finding that the more I focus my attention on one single item in my life, the easier it is for me to walk without a wobble to my step. I understand now that I cannot concentrate on all of the clutter. Clutter does no one any good, and eventually if I concentrate on becoming my best self and organizing my life with one goal in mind, then the clutter will sort itself out. 


If I'm focused on becoming my best self, I will obtain everything I want to in this life. I will become stronger and more self-reliant. I will continue to be worthy to enter the temple and obtain a temple recommend. I will no longer allow myself to be unhappy, because I have too much to be happy for. I will no longer worry over things in which I have no control. I will be a better example. I will be a better daughter. I will be a better sister. I will have more faith in every aspect, including my Heavenly Father's plan for me. I will appreciate simple moments and not take anything for granted and one day my prince will come. But I want him to know that he can take his time, because I'm trying to pull my life together ha :)


I need to be more optimistic. Everything is going to be ok. I have so much to look forward to and I have so much life ahead of me. I have time for preparation. I have time to serve others, time to become my best self and to find balance within my life. I found a very awesome quote in a general conference talk. "Why worry about future calamities or uncertainties over which you have no control? Your righteous character magnifies the probability that you will never have to suffer them. When challenges and testing do come, your faith will lead you to solutions. Your peace of mind, your assurance of answers to vexing problems, your ultimate joy depend upon your trust in Heavenly Father and his Son, Jesus Christ. Right will ultimately prevail. It will yield blessings now as you in faith obey the commandments of God. Remember and unfailing, continual, ever-present source of peace and comfort is available to you. It is the certainty that your Father in Heaven loves you no matter what your circumstance, no matter what winds of trial, turmoil, or tribulation whirl about you. That certainty will never change. Your ability to access that support depends on the strength of your faith in Him and in His certain willingness to bless you." Richard G. Scott.


I'm simply worrying less and putting more faith and trust in my Heavenly Father. I'm finding balance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment