Friday, April 25, 2014

In His Time



Decisions. I've never been good at making decisions. To my surprise, I was accepted to Weber's RN program, as well as Snow's. There are pro's and con's to each, I've thought a lot about it, and yet here I sit, undecided. I thought if I tried out for the cheer squad at Weber, and made the team, that my decision would be made.

I did decide to tryout, so that's good I guess ;). I drove to Ogden yesterday, got there by 4, and the clinic was supposed to go until 7. I walked out around 5:30... It's a long story, but as I stood in this gym surrounded by people I did not know, I thought, "What are you doing here?"... "Do you really want to do this?"... "Will you really have time for this?"... I was very uneasy and I can't explain the feeling that I had next, but it was one of clarity. 

Clarity that I could have gathered from the blessing my father had given me a couple nights previous. As I stood there thinking about the answers to these questions I was asking myself, the words that were spoken through that blessing came through my mind once again. Particularly the portion of the blessing that told me to not "run faster or labor more than I had the strength and means provided"... Which later I referred to the scripture D&C 10:4, one of my favorites. 
It's crazy to me how in His time, answers come, direction is provided, and peace is given. Earlier this week I was really struggling... I felt overwhelmed with the changes taking place in my life, and looking back and seeing how much things have remained the same. E brought the unexpected change.

For the past 5 months, E had been a part of my life. For 5 months I was given something/someone to look forward to, which I will forever be grateful for. I had been eased from the hurt/anxiety I had constantly felt from AB, and was given someone that made me happy. So it was overwhelming for me when E and I quit talking, and I realized that things in life can change so suddenly. 

Change is good I suppose. Whenever there is change, there is bound to be growth, because one learns to adapt and to look at the bigger picture. Today I'm looking at the bigger picture. I'm realizing that in His time, all good things will come, and peace and direction will be given. 

"Faith in God, include Faith in His Timing."


No comments:

Post a Comment